Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins View Post
But it doesnt' change the fact that you can backtrack this down to a level where you have no answers as to how it all got here in the first place.
You're not talking about evolution. Like whatshisname (sorry, I'm too lazy to scroll up) said, you're talking about spontaneous biogenesis. They are two different things. Don't talk about them both at the same time. The Theory of Evolution doesn't have any bearing on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins View Post
I believe there does exist environmental factors that can cause changes in any species...but that species will always be 100 percent what it is. That poodle is 100 percent dog, that German Shepard is 100 percent dog, that pitbull is 100 percent dog.
So, you believe that species can change over time, but that there exists some arbitrary line that prevents them from changing too much? Isn't that...arbitrary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins
you can say gradually over a billion years all you want, it's still not happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins
Is this another case of 'eh I'll just say whatever without providing any proof'
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote