Music Banter - View Single Post - Your most hated Christmas songs
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #41 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I know what the title of the thread is (I wrote it, after all) but just in case anyone thinks I'm a total Grinch...

I DO like "Silver bells", "Sleigh ride" (every time I write this --- and I've written it a lot, especially during my "25 Worst Christmas Albums" slot in my journal --- my fingers ALWAYS automatically type "slight ride". Don't know why) "Let it snow", a few others. I just hate the REALLY camp and overplayed ones. And "Fairytale of New York".
Hey man I have 2 whole CDs of x-mas music --And I recently bought Nat King Cole's The Christmas Song album on Amazon. Got all 20 tracks for 5.99...was well worth it. He had such a clarity in his presentation of the songs that each one is simply perfect to me. He could sing ALL the christmas songs and I'd be happy.

I heard 'Do you hear what I hear' was actually a song about disarming nuclear weapons????Wha??? I don't know how it became an x-mas song, and I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the season except the symbolism of Jesus being born and the star over head. <--Thought that was an interesting piece of info...
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote