Music Banter - View Single Post - Your most hated Christmas songs
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Oh jeez, I hate Christmas music. Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty much the exception. And also Merry Xmas by John Lennon. That one is good. My most hated ones are...

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - that one's just stupid
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - extremely annoying
the Paul McCartney one on the first page - Idk why, just annoys me
All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
Last Christmas by Wham
Christmas Lights by Coldplay
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas (whoever that's by)
It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year (again, not sure who sings it)
the list goes on.

...But the worst for me is the Justin Beiber christmas album. Some girls in my yearbook design class last year had it and my teacher let them play it every day during class for about a month. And my class was an hour and forty minutes long, so I'd usually hear each song multiple times before the class ended D:
More of the X-Mas Muzak I don't want around.

I know I'm committing sacrilege, but no thanks to a certain radio station, I am getting sick of the Trans Siberian Orchestra's version of "Carol of the Bells" which is starting to be the "Freebird" of the MOR stations during the season. The high note is almost like water torture now.

I remember "Grandma..." when it was just released in 1980, and the favorite of every backwoods radio station in The US (it even Bubbled Under the official charts I think!). HATED it then as now. Pure garbage, like a Hee Haw joke gone extremely bad (US TV show reference, for those asking. On the plus side, it had a few talented musicians here and there, but the humor stank of bull!)

The best known Holly Jolly is I think by Burl Ives.

Wham!'s song in any version (yes, even The Manics) is very annoying.

The Hippo Song should be outlawed!!!

It's the Most Wonderful Time...for some extreme pain killers.

BTW, I seriously love Fairytale of New York, but mainly on it's own merits. As a Christmas song it's fine, but I can understand some criticism on it.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote