Music Banter - View Single Post - Drake
Thread: Drake
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBeardjr View Post
sorry sometimes I do not punctuate correctly or I use poor word choices,

If you buy the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you watch the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you spread the "crap" by sharing it you are supporting it.
even if you visit their videos to talk bad about it, you are upping their hits and making them more visible, there for you are supporting them, the "crap"

And my advice to buy, was geared towards artist that you feel are talented which of course will be relative, but just listening to them on spotify or youtube, or downloading their album isnt enough, find a way to put money in their pockets, for creating stuff you stand behind, most of us are very passionate about music if we bothered joining this forum, so if you hear an album that blows your mind, make sure you purchase it, because we are way out numbered, the brainless credit card wielding masses are buying every thing they are being fed, a handful of the artist on the radio today, would of been questioned of their mental capacity and education level 10 years ago, they seriously sound worse than 50 tyson(look it up) .

And I agree that good has come of this new formula, but its getting harder and harder to find it. As most of what you are hitting play for these days doesn't deserve a second listen.

sorry for thread jacking, for the record Drake is awful, carry on.
I don't know man. It's like not a discernible difference between the ratio of good/bad music before the internet and good/bad music post internet. Sure it has more publicity(so does everything because of the internet) but artists like Drake are a product of the studio system, same way pop artists have been manufactured for decades.

You say modern day "pop" rap would be questioned a decade ago, I disagree. Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark, Sir Mix A Lot, Rico Suave, plenty of laughable acts that are just as bad, if not worse than a lot of modern crap.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote