Music Banter - View Single Post - In a universe of infinite space and time, is it possible for something to happen once
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Here let me try to directly respond to what the thread starter asked...

If you have a particle that exists in an infinite number of universes and exists at every point in time then said particle could move about space/time infinitely. But if entropy and decay have a direct effect on that particle then it would be constrained by the space time continuum of only the one universe that it exists in and disregarding the infinite multi-verse. But if optimus prime and santa claus bring robocop to old detroit then nothing I'm saying has anything to do with the question Bane asked.

There how was that?

In case you can't remember the original question it looks like this....

Quote:
If the universe was at least infinitely old, then this seems like a problem to me. In an infinite universe I would imagine that at some point everything that could possibly happen at some point necessarily would, and everything that happened once seems like it should surely repeat itself at some point.
Anyone know of any philosophers that have taken on this issue?
He also specifically asks if any philosophers have views on this kind of concept, and you're talking about a particle? That can move around if it wants to? Bravo my friend!

Last edited by slappyjenkins; 12-05-2012 at 01:05 PM.
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote