Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become stagnant (stopped moving/evolving)?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Pursuingchange
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So it's not really so much music you're talking about as rock guitar specifically.
Perhaps. I'm not sure. That's why I'm here. I'm confused by my own thoughts LOL. The way I rationalize it is, if rock music and guitar hasn't changed in years, then I don't see how much else has really changed. Not much IMO. Were still rehashing the same melody lines and the same approaches. To me, rock has always been THE genre. The one that comes up with all the big innovations. I think its because rock bands historically have always been boundary-pushers. But I just don't see that attitude anymore in today's music as a whole. I just don't see young John Lennons or EVH's anymore. Maybe its because the true innivators are less popular now. But if they're are not very popular, then I suppose that means that they weren't so innovative right? Because I would excpect someone who is innovative to be a household subject and highly mimicked.
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote