Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become stagnant (stopped moving/evolving)?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #85 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
I guess your not dude. But I'll give you one thing, I DID dismiss your example of a multi-platinum selling artist. Multi-platinum selling means nothing really. It doesn't really even matter if he spawned imitators. If he is truly innovative, in every sense of the word (which is what I'm talking about) then he should be highly regarded the world over, such as those I mentioned. I'm not stuck in the past. However, I don't really feel connected to the present. Which is why I came here in the first place. I don't feel there are any GREATS out there anymore. There are no John Lennons or Michael Jacksons or EVHs anymore from what I see. I think its because of several reasons. One of them is the fact there just isn't much more to go on these days. I believe humans have already explored most of the creative avenues music has to lead us down. That's why your seeing people come up with truly original ideas and approaches now (such as the ones I mentioned did). The new sounds and ideas simply aren't there. I admit that I may be wrong. My only problem in the first olace was you turning this into an argumeng when it never was.
You're putting claims forth as fact that we disagree with. We're discussing, not arguing.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote