Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #136 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I hate these poor, innocent childrens' deaths being used as something of a pawn by people to further their own political agenda. I also hate the reporting on the shooting, describing it repeatedly as the "second deadliest school shooting in American history."

**** that. That is reducing this to statistics, reducing this to another tragedy to lump in with all the others, using, "second deadliest," as a kind of macabre measuring stick, like it's some kind of qualification.

There are dead children just before Christmas whose lives were taken from them by a complete psychopath, who won't get to leave cookies for Santa this year, open their presents, light their menorahs, or whatever their holiday tradition.

These are people. These are children, teachers, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends...they're not pawns or statistics in some ****ing political debate. These innocent people aren't even in the ground yet, and they're being overshadowed by gun control advocates and their counterparts, shouting out opinions on a hot button political issue instead of mourning the loss of life.

Taking a step back, it seems like there's a shocking lack of empathy showing from the news media and the buzz on social media.

That's all I'm going to say on the issue. RIP to those poor souls whose lives were taken today.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung