Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #145 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
Its cool, sorry bout the typos this things a pain in the ass. You should YouTube "gangland" in America and type in crip or blood or Mexican Mafia or aryian brotherhood. That's who will control the sale of guns in America if their ever banned legally. Tell me what you think.
I'm thinking I would never buy a gun illegally (and can't buy one legally) and so if I should ever get crazy enough to want to shoot friends or family or some guy whose care I just bumped into, that would not be an option for me. If someone broke into my home, shooting them wouldn't be an option, but that's fine because I'd rather lose a TV or a stereo than become someone who shoots other people. If some criminal does break into my home, I have less reason to believe the criminal does carry a gun because they are likely harder to get a hold of, even if getting one is still a possibility. F.ex not only would you have to get in contact with the right people, but illegal guns could be very expensive. I believe I would feel safer around other people, and by extension in my community, if I don't have to worry that the guy cutting in the taxi line or that prick of a neighbour whose dog I accidentally hit with my car might also carry a gun in his pocket or keep one in his house.

I'm thinking less fear, less violence. You could have the same sort of crime, but perhaps that crime would be less violent because the threat of someone bringing a firearm into it is much smaller.