Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #72 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
I sincerely apologize for overlooking your post, its one of quality, normal posts here, without too much hate or bull****.

I've met too many narrow-minded *******s from fanbases of mentioned genres.

I don't like emo culture, but I'm never going to be rude to them or hate them, you know why? Because they keep their music to themselves and don't go around judging and annoying others thinking they have the right to tell others what is good music and what isn't. Too many fans of certain metal genres(classic rock too) do that, which is VERY annoying.

Its odd that you say I'll move on to those bands cause one other guy I met said the same thing. I'm still young(17y) and I've had a talk with one of rare nice metalheads and he too said that I'll eventually move on to other, more extreme metal genres and that Nu is just an introduction to metal. I don't think that's gonna happen though, only Nu Metal bands that I got bored of are Linkin Park, and they are the first Nu Metal band I heard.
A lot of genres have some very narrow-minded music fans, not just metal. I've seen it with punk and even pop music. I was 17 once too and I listened to plenty of bands that were often ridiculed at the time. But I didn't let that get to me and I even thought that I would be listening to them forever. But peoples music tastes evolve over time and eventually I grew out of them and got into what seemed like more interesting stuff to me. Hell, even I didn't like emo culture at the time but eventually I realised that what I thought was emo wasn't actually emo, but that's a story for another thread.

All teens seem to be more conscience of their music taste and what other people think of them because they have a desire to fit in somewhere. Once you hit your late teens or early twenties you just learn not to give a **** what other people think of you, and it's better that way. You can listen to Limp Bizkit and Slipknot all you want, I'm not going to give you much stick for it, but when you insult other people for what they listen to or say that your taste in music is better than everyone else's, it's no surprise that you'll get it back in return.