Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #77 (permalink)
MyName
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I don't know any kids who listen to those genres really. They usually evolve out of their nu metal stage, and start to appreciate better, more mature music that actually challenges your mind. Music that actually has a certain level of sophistication.
Your kind of people is what makes me despise metal genres I listed. I just don't see why that kind of music would require sophistication or much talent. All I hear when I listen to thrash/death metal is mindless guitar bashing and some angry vocals. I don't hear rhythm or any meaning to it. And then people who listen to that crappy mess dare to tell me Nu Metal is bad while what they listen is sophisticated LOL? It just doesn't make any sense.

Music is art, its not science. It doesn't have to be complex to be good. I don't care if some guitarist can play 223689 notes in one second, if it sounds bad then its bad music. Anybody with some music knowledge can just write random notes and play them in fast rhythm, but to make it sound good is what makes an artist.

Look at these guys F.E.

DYING FETUS - "Your Treachery Will Die With You" - YouTube

Is that sophisticated? Ok, I'll give them one thing. They're hilarious. And first time I heard 2:15 I literally laughed to tears

But to say THAT kind of music is sophisticated? DAFUQ