Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #186 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
I wasn't singling Crips out as the only ones who are in control of the gun trade. I used them as an example with many others to show that those who live outside the law in an organized gang or cartel like environment will. And the numbers of those who do isnt as minute as you probaly think. Just like the drug trade thats been won by cartels along the border for years now. Along with multiple other illegal acts including the sale of guns. Then are distributed to others who live outside the law and then eventually end up in the hands of some yahoo like this. I realise the gun he used was his moms and it was legal but the point is if she wanted to get it the illegal way or him, it would not be very hard. I just dont think a lot of people have a clue how easy it is, and how many guns are in circulation amongst the people they think only exist on T.V. Its not like a socialy awkward dude like that guy has to walk into Compton or into the heart of any place like that to find it. Thats not the only place they occupy. Its a buisness for them and I wouldn't be suprised if he was in school with someone of this caliber or who was at least affiliated. White gangs, latin gangs, black gangs, whoever. I'm sure even as awkward as he was he had a friend who had a friend that knew someone.
This is where we disagree. I live in a semi-sketchy area, just a few blocks from a very bad area, in a city with a lot of crime. I'm a social, outgoing person and know a lot of people in my neighborhood and I still have no clue where I'd buy an illegal gun. If I were autistic and introverted and lived in a small town in Connecticut there's no way I'd be able to get my hands on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
To answer your second question yes, if better laws were set in place, and after a lengthy tenure made a difference. Why wouldn't I be in favor of keeping humanity more safe? Absoloutley 100%
I'm glad to hear that. There seem to be a lot of pro-gun people who'd be opposed to something like that whether it worked or not.