Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Late 70's Band
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Well I mean, the other ones were all into trying to be out there and proggy but Boston only focused embraced the kind of cheesiness their upbeat, mega-love ballads, and only based their prog notions in playing really well and having a great vocalist. Of course, "Foreplay" was a little more on the prog-instrumental side, but I think it serves as a buildup to the release of "Long Time." Plus, their music is just so warm and inviting, even though the vocalist went on to kill himself and all; and "More Than a Feeling" is one of the most powerful expressions of love in Rock Music to me, just for how it moves (I guessing chord progressions and melody and stuff).
Personally I see Boston no better talent wise than the either Journey, Styx or Kansas from the original list. The only reason Boston weren't progressive, is that they were a much newer band than the other three and by the time they put out their first album, it was obvious that progressive rock was gradually going into decline as a commercial genre. I guess their warmer feeling comes from the fact that they embraced old fashioned 'rock n roll' into their core sound. Sure Brad Delp was a great vocalist but certainly no better than Steve Perry.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote