Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become stagnant (stopped moving/evolving)?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #177 (permalink)
GrapeSoda
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
I guess it was just easier in part because the instrument(s) were so new that all their capabilities hadn't been discovered yet. At this point I don't care much anymore. When I finally realized that fresh ideas and room for innovation had basically dried out in music, I realized that it wasn't just with music, it was with everything else in the world too. Nothing's new anymore. At least nothing new that is captivating or worth-while to me. When I look around, I see a dull world that keeps getting duller. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I'm 40 or 50 years old. I'm only 21 right now and I'm already burnt out on life. There's just nothing new it seems. Idk. Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is that I'm just bored and ready for there to be some kind of big motivation for me to love music and living again. I'm just not into today's styles much. I think they are really watered-down and I can't get to know the musicians anymore because most of them seem to lack true character and soul. I hope the world DOES end next week lol.

I'm not familiar with the community here, I'm new too, but maybe getting some good musical suggestions from some of the members around here might help with your current musical pessimism
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote