Music Banter - View Single Post - The European football thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

OK mate no problem. Rooney's passing is awful mate sorry I can't agree there at all. There has been talk of him taking Scholes' role in the midfield and a lot of United fans are completely against it, he doesn't have the touch or the short passing to be able to play in that role. Rooney is in my opinion a striker, he is nowhere near good enough to play deep like that. He likes the Hollywood pass every now and then but his short passing isn't good.

Awareness - Falcao, a lot of his goals are the result of him making the right run at the right time, he easily gets this imo.

Penalties - Falcao, don't think I've seen him miss one. Rooney's are crap and he has missed some big ones, Chelsea + Arsenal last season, he scored one away vs Cluj I think in the Euro group stages but he scuffed that one as well, that should have been disallowed as he kicked it twice.

Stamina - Falcao, always looks fresh, Rooney sweats like a pig after about 5 minutes, was absolutely fecked in the Euros. Rooney himself has commented on his fitness and pre season saying something about him not coming back to training in the right shape. He smokes as well, Rooney doesn't care about his fitness.

Dribbling - Already explained

Technique - Definitely Falcao, bicycle kicks and chips to perfection, curled shots into the far corner, stepovers galore. Rooney went through a phase last year of trying to chip the keeper in almost every game and he missed them all, think he hit the crossbar once. The bicycle kick vs City was a miss-hit as well.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote