Music Banter - View Single Post - I bet nobody can find me the perfect band
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_So_Nerdy View Post
Hello. I am new to this forum. I have come here to offer a challenge to the people of this forum. That challenge is simply this: "Nobody can find me the perfect band/music for me."

I believe I've hit the metaphorical wall as to the music I can possibly listen to, which is why I'm seeking out help to discover new bands.

Allow me to list the criteria for what I consider my "perfect" music:

1. Even though I'll probably receive some flak over this, my favorite band is Linkin Park, back when they were more metal and less rock.

1a. To further illustrate this, my all-time favorite song is "Don't Stay" by Linkin Park. It is simply the perfect song IMO.

2. I like songs with a metalic groove, or "bounce". The guitar and instrumentals must support this. Rapping is okay.

3. I am not a fan of screamo, so this rules out essentially all metalcore/deathcore/hardcore bands.

4. Electronic influence is acceptable.

You may be able to suggest something that may seem easy, but I am very picky and have sought out many bands and have simply not been able to re-discover a "favorite song" or band. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm willing to work through this with you if you're going to tell me why you don't like a song. For example.

Is this interesting to you?