Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #368 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
No one really gets shot in Ireland. You get the odd stabbing every once and a while though. My dad has a shotgun, and knows how to use it, but that is because he is from a farming backround, I also sort of know how to use it, although I doubt I will ever have to. There is definitely something wrong with America right now, and I have heard both arguments in relation to the gun issue, I honestly don't know what would be better.It is going to get much worse before it gets better I'm afraid.
I don't know what the news is like where you are concerning the shootings, but here in the UK we are quite amazed that there is an argument in the states, that one future answer to the shootings is that armed guards should now be posted as schools in an effort to deter future shootings.

I haven't read through too much of this thread, so I don't know if what I've put above is in entirely true and just another example of the UK press jumping on something. If true though, I find that solution disturbing.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History