Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #386 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I have no idea if most crimes are economically motived or not. I'd imagine some are and some aren't. The one this thread is about certainly wasn't.
I certainly think most are. But the one in this thread wasn't.

Quote:
But none of this has anything to do with immigration because, as I stated previously, immigrants to the US don't commit crimes at a higher rate than non-immigrants.
If certain non-immigrants and certain immigrants are at the bottom end of the economic scale, then that is where most crimes will be committed from. As I believe most immigrants are more likely through no fault of their own, to be at this bottom end, the liklihood of them committing a crime is higher than somebody more established in society. But if you don't believe that crimes are economically motivated then we'll have to agree to disagree.

For the record, i'm actually a very strong advocate of immigration and believe people should always have freedom of movement to improve their lives and try and go wherever they want, but it does come with initial growing pains!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History