Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle11's Top 25 Albums of 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

No. 5

Killing Joke - MMXII

I think I first listened to this album after Pete stated it was going to be his favourite release of the year a while back. I hadn't heard of the band all that much but their name and cover art intrigued me, so I checked it out. At first I thought it was good, nothing special. But please remember, I was in my "Hip Hop only" phase at that time, so my brain was acting up... obviously. Since listening to it again several times I found a subtle beauty in the post-punk/industrial sounds, and - coupled with further exploration of those genres - I found myself falling in love. Not every track on here is stellar, but it sire does work as a whole. The middle of the album is my favourite, with the duo of Colony Collapse and Corporate Elect being my track picks.

No. 4

Weasel Walter - Mary Halvorson - Peter Evans - Mechanical Malfunction

This is just one of those albums that I can't really describe all to well (not that I have described much of anything in here ) but I simply have to say this is one of the best examples of free-jazz that I have ever heard. I am not huge into jazz in any form, and it takes quite a lot to truly impress me beyond saying "Oh, this is pretty" or "Wow, these guys can really play", but this certainly had me coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote