Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #1166 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for not replying me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
True, I oppose banning legitimate members. (By legitimate members, I mean members who are here primarily to discuss music.)

This is consistent with my view that people who violate the rules such as the rule against rudeness/namecalling and the rule against meaningless or short posts should be warned, not banned. I don't feel legitimate members who post pictures to ridicule others should be *banned*, but they should be reminded of the rules and encouraged to follow them.

I have not seen mods encouraging people to stop creating picture-containing posts that ridicule members in music threads. I've also seen rudeness not addressed consistently, since sometimes you and other mods appear to be rude often enough that I feel this may overshadow the many times you are supportive of members at the site.

That is the reason I think the rules I quoted earlier are not being enforced consistently. By enforce, I don't mean "ban"; I mean politely reminding people of a rule and encouraging them to follow it.
Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean nothing is being done. Unless you were a mod, you wouldn't know that. I'm quite frankly over your consistent negative attitude to how we do our jobs. In regards to pictures mocking others, I personally don't have a problem with someone posting a facepalm because another member has said something ignorant/ridiculous/whatever. If it is malicious, sure it's not cool and we mods deal with that discreetly. We don't prance around the board blowing up at people for breaking the rules just so people will know we are doing something about it. Do you get this now? Please don't repeat the same point again because then I will know you are not in anyway interested in believing what we are telling you. We are not the enemy. Feck, I love this forum and have met some amazing people on it. I would not want another member to spoil it for everyone so feel it's my duty as a mod to apply the rules where necessary.

I don't get the feeling you believe in second chances? Yet when a spammer comes onto the board and kicks a fuss you are on top of us like a ton of bricks for banning them. Time to just trust us Vege.