Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #152 (permalink)
franscar
Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by strung out rulz
Maybe if the rest of the world like France, Germany, Russia etc had any sympathy they would help out in iraq and help prevent all the kidnappings and bombings that are occuring at the moment.
Without sounding too cold, it's not their problem. Much the same as European politics in the late 1930's wasn't America's problem, so they didn't get involved in World War 2 until they were attacked by Japan. France, Germany and Russia are all suffering from poor economic performance at the moment, and do not need or want the extra cost of maintaining a war effort for American gains on their heavily taxed populations.

America's main allies in the war have been Britain, Spain and Turkey. Istanbul has been bombed by Al-Qaeda, Madrid has been bombed by Al-Qaeda, British forces have thwarted numerous plots to attack London in the past year. The Spanish government that supported the Iraq invasion has been voted out by the people, if there is any justice then next year the British government will be too. I know I shall be casting my vote against Blair for his lies over the past eighteen months.
franscar is offline   Reply With Quote