Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #7698 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Thanks. Am checking out one of the Herbie Hancock albums (specifically Head Hunters) right now. There's not any particular decade Im interested in, just any good artists that were important/popular in the genre. I have a bunch of early Chicago albums labeled 'jazz fusion' that I've always really liked but I've never explored the genre past that. Not sure if early Chicago (the first 2-3 albums) is even considered a good example of fusion but it's something I've always wanted to know more of & since you mentioned it I thought I'd ask! Not a big fan of any 80s music in general so I'd probably be more interested in the earlier stuff you recommended
Haha, well, none of the albums I recommended will sound anything like Chicago (the closest any of them will come is Jack Johnson, and that's still really far off), but I hope you'll like them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOS View Post
I'm also trying to get into Jazz, after someone here recommended BBNG2 in another thread (or was it this thread? Not sure; they posted Limit To Your Love), which I thought was fantastic. Yesterday I tried Bitches Brew, but I've since been told that that may not be the best starting place, so I'm trying the (apparently) more accessible In A Silent Way.
Bitches Brew is pretty damn thick, yeah. In A Silent Way is gonna be easier, but if you want something even more accessible, sometimes even catchy, go with Jack Johnson. It's one of the albums that got me into fusion, and that's mostly because Miles was trying really, really hard to make a rock album. I highly recommend it.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote