Music Banter - View Single Post - aliens
Thread: aliens
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #177 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I've read through this whole thread and I must say I was pretty neutral on the subject, until I read this. I've watched ancient aliens and told myself, "this is the supidest, most ridiculous ****."
What was ridiculous about Ancient Aliens was the conclusions based on falacious arguments. I watched it for the archeological sites. That stuff was awesome. Almost mind boggling. One thing is that they didn't do credit the ancients for the technology they could had use to construct those monuments. For instance in South America there was a legend the ancestors (paraphrase) "knew how to turn rock in liquid and back into a solid." Well they didn't explore that explaination, they only drew a conclusion that the massive boulders could had been moved by aliens, that it done through alien technology.

Is there simple life eslewhere in the universe?
It could be possible, much more probable than eti's. There are polyextremophiles that exist on Earth that can give us clues to what type these simple extraterrestrial life forms might be like if they exist.

Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the universe?
I would say 'No' unless there is indisputable evidence - like a close encounter.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote