Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #2826 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

so i don't normally do this....but....this band was and is very important to me and i have finally seen them live (and i brought my phone in and got some great pics )

i had only been to one other show at the Regency Ballroom and i have to say it's a pretty good venue (although beer was $9.25/pint)....great sound and nice staff (save the assholes herding you from outside and save the fact that there are no in/out privileges)

the opening band Title Fight was not nearly as good as their album and in my opinion came off as a bit snotty....could also be that the crowd that was there for them were also almost all under 18 and very into them.....still they played a fun and energetic set

Quicksand opened the show with Freezing Process and immediately stated that this would be a full set....and proceeded to play every song the ever recorded....stopping only a few times for banter with the audience....a highlight was when Walter reminisced about being asked what "Quicksand was all about" in the early days and stating that its about being just a little weird and just a little strange just like our hero....then they went into an amazing cover of "How Soon Is Now"....they ended the 2 hour set with what i think is one of the greatest hardcore songs ever written Can Opener (which i think is just about where my neck went out on me).....an amazing night...they played so well and had such great attitudes....seriously made me feel like i was 19 again for two hours....and now i feel like i'm 80!

small and funny side note.....i was wearing my mickey ears/joy division shirt....when i came out of the club at the end of the show.....this guy freaked out over the shirt and asked if it was a real one or remake....after which he asked for a picture.....i slipped into the bar next door for a beer and this guy introduced himself as Brad from Santa Cruz and bought me a beer for being the "punkest motherfucker alive" for wearing a shirt that is worth $325 to a hardcore show

overall it was a great little day trip with eating at the world famous "Stinky Rose" buying some books at City Light Books and finding some great rare Sun City Girls albums at Amoeba Records
Spoiler for Quicksand live 01/21/13:

bob. is offline   Reply With Quote