Music Banter - View Single Post - Limp Bizkit - Nookie - deep subtle message revealed
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Unrelenting
True to username

Limp Bizkit is a warning about what happens when you can't get over an ex

Start with Three Dollar Bill Y'All, where Fred Durst is angry and out for blood. You have songs like Counterfeit and Nobody Loves Me exploring his heartbreak and working through his bitter feelings. We understand Durst is angry and we can sympathize, even empathize, with him.

Then you move onto Significant Other which is a more emotional album. Remnants of his anger remain with songs like Break Stuff, but Nookie and Re-Arranged are the more introspective sides of Durst. He knows he's been hurt and he's trying to figure out how it came to this. Maybe tracks like No Sex can help him better understand? We can still feel for him and hope this is the last of this woman in his life before he can finally pick up the pieces and move on.

By the time we reach Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water, it's starting to become a bit overdone. Durst has had his time to vent and now his outbursts are starting to feel a little pathetic. He wants us to think he feels fulfilled by going out and getting laid but we can all see through the macho facade. Those "hot mammas, pimp daddies, and the people rollin' in the Caddies" (Rollin') give away the joke the way "Why did I have to go and meet somebody like you? Why did you have to go and hurt somebody like me? How could you do somebody like that?" (Boiler) gives away what's really on his mind when he goes to sleep at night.

We close with Results May Vary, which is Durst simply losing it. Commonly considered one of the worst albums of all time, Results May Vary demonstrates Durst succumbing to such depravities as asking to sniff a woman's panties, lashing out at a woman for not wanting him to check her out, and him subsequently apologizing because "damn you're so hot" (Eat You Alive). I don't think any further analysis is necessary.

tl;dr Durst gets dumped and goes through the motions but stays bitter about it and eventually goes insane, yelling at women for not letting him be a creep and apologizing because he finds them attractive.