Music Banter - View Single Post - Racist* woman gets punched on UK train (tube)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #116 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I've read it. It doesn't make sense because I see it as two different cultures. What happened to the American Indians is not connected with fans of American Football.
I wanted to point out the Irish didn't have it easy through history either, every group of people under go some type of persecution, or loss numbers because epidemics, famines or war.

Edit: Sparky's point about the Fighting Irish didn't make sense either.
It's more offensive because Americans killed the vast majority of the native population either intentionally or through accident and then proceeded to take every piece of land that took our fancy without the slightest consideration for them, except how best to remove them from said land. We were just kinda jerks to the Irish back in the day. And now the Irish are just as integrated into society as any other group, whereas the Native Americans are still **** upon to this very day and are living on reservations with little to no economic opportunities and no natural resources. So yeah, I'd say Americans making light of the suffering of Native Americans is a bit more offensive than doing it to the Irish.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote