Music Banter - View Single Post - Was Exile On Mainstreet Their White Album.....
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Well, it was recorded in a kitchen and they only turned up the vocals if they thought the lyrics merited it. So would you prefer that they had Bob Rock produce it? Or would you prefer that they made Sticky Fingers pt. 2?

When you say boring, it kills the discussion. What was boring about it? In addition to what Urban said, its also got soul and gospel in there.

Can you give me a comparably boring album? Trying to figure out what aspect bores you is like pulling teeth.
I don't think I said anything about the production at all.

What exactly do you want from this? I think saying it sounds like second rate versions of the styles they are trying to pull off is fairly specific. Do you want a song by song analysis of this thing?

I think I left plenty of room for more discussion. How about you tell me why you DON'T think they are half assed versions of their influences? Did they add to them in some meaningful way? Was the nostalgia factor enough to keep you interested? Because for me they weren't. There's a topic right there. Proceed.