Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #2872 (permalink)
Electrophonic Tonic
Your Ad Here

I was Lewis Black a few weeks back. He was pretty good, but he's not nearly as "angry" as he used to be. It was more like a lecture than a rant and it was a little boring at times. Still, he's one of the better comics working today.

I saw two local bands on Saturday. One is Cottage Jefferson and they're pretty good. But I was there for the opening act, Garden Fresh. They bill themselves as "Rochester's least offensive hip-hop duo" and are pretty much a comedy rap act. They rap about being polite, water, shoes, and weather. You know... some Biggie and 2pac type sh*t. They remind me of Weird Al, except they are not directly parodying songs. If it's something you might be into, (and you're expectations are reasonable ) I'll leave one of their songs in the spoiler below.

Spoiler for Garden Fresh- Water:

In terms of concerts for the future, winter is pretty dead in terms of bigger bands coming up here. I'll have to wait until summer for something more noteworthy to come up.
Electrophonic Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote