Music Banter - View Single Post - Jamie foxx says "black people are the most talented people in the world".
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
i would say for the most part he's right, Negroes ARE very talented
they dominate almost every sport they play, they are brilliant musicians From Blues, Rock, hip hop..

Actors?

Not that much, every lead actor is either will smith or denzel..
Jamie foxx is a good actor not a GREAT one, but even back when he started as a comedian he's always been arrogant now with Django and all, this is to be expected.
But of the top 20 football players in the world now, only Yaya Toure and maybe Dani Alves I would say are among the best. MMA has been mostly whites and latinos I believe. Snooker is dominated by whites, darts the same. Cricket dominated by whites and south Asians... it is more cultural than simply being black.

Also it is not that black people are better at sport; plenty of blacks are shit at sport, Africa is a very genetically diverse place. It is more to do with the black people who excel at sport descending from specific tribes in Africa. I read once all the top 10 times for the 100m are held by athletes who can trace their ancestry back to the same small tribe in West Africa. It's that tribe that the Jamaican and African American sprinters descend from.

It's the same with Kenyans and long distance running; it's not that the whole of Kenya are good, it's one specific, very small tribe that all the good, East African runners descend from.

EDIT - Found it BBC News - Is it wrong to note 100m winners are always black?

Quote:
Kenya has won an astonishing 63 medals at the Olympic Games in races of 800m and above, 21 of them gold, since 1968. Little wonder that one commentator once described distance running as "a Kenyan monopoly".

But it turns out that it is not Kenya as a whole that usually wins these medals, but individuals from a tiny region in the Rift Valley called Nandi. As one writer put it: "Most of Kenya's runners call Nandi home."

Seen in this context, the notion that black people are naturally superior distance runners seems bizarre. Far from being a "black" phenomenon, or even a Kenyan phenomenon, distance running is actually a Nandi phenomenon.
Quote:
The same analysis applies to the sprints, where success is focused on Jamaicans and African-Americans. Africa, as a continent, has almost no success at all. Not even West Africans win much.

The combined forces of Mauritania, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, the Republic of Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Togo, Niger, Benin, Mali, the Gambia, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Gabon, Senegal, Congo and Angola have not won a single sprinting medal at the Olympics or World Championships.

The fallacy, then, is simple. Just because some black people are good at something does not imply that black people in general will be good at it.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote