Music Banter - View Single Post - What pisses me off most about science
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #51 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Theory is always a part of science as well. When you start applying that theory to the meaning of life it becomes a philosophy, not a science. It's important to distinguish the two. When you then start blocking off other theories and eliminate the mystery of life it becomes a religion.

Most people need a religion because the vastness of the universe is too much. You strike me as a person who is willing to explore that. Don't block yourself off. Form your own beliefs but always question them. So you have this theory you have been talking about in this thread...it makes you a bit apathetic and it's clearly killing some of beauty of life. You can't stop there, break past it. I've gone through moments when I feel the same way...just keep learning. Eventually you'll be forced to make a new theory and that will inform beliefs that won't be so easy to boil down in the way that you are now.
Well that's what this is for, to put my theory forward and give dissenters an opportunity to speak up,

though aside from Fred and the other guy there hasn't been much disagreement. And I like Fred but he seems more intent on holding onto the illusion of control than anything else.

Still waiting to hear your opinion on the topic though
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote