Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #154 (permalink)
ffmariners
Groupie

by the way, a report just released that out of the 100 billion bush was granted to use in Iraq, only 10 of it has been taken. Just cause the money is granted does not mean it is used. That is where the war cost counter is flawed.

And black gold? Really, too bad im still paying $2/gal. If you think we are getting the oil, I say you are crazy.

And for people who are so concerned about the well being and freedoms of themselves and fellow Americans, I am surprised that you would have rather kept the Iraqi people subjugated.

Because last I checked, when the ruling class is the minority, and rules by force, this is a direct conflict with personal liberty. (Hmm sounds like what apartheid was, can we all at least agree that apartheid was wrong?) So while you smoke your weed and turn up "Pump Up the Valuum" think about how Iraqi women would be beat, raped, and killed by Sadaam's sons. Think about how his olympics athletes would be beat and tortured for bad performance. Don't stop thinking if it hurts. Keep thinking about how Sadaam would round up families and make kids watch their parents get slaughtered. Think about the masses of people gassed, in the thousands.

Yea, what a waste. Cause damn they are not people, they do not need to be saved, they do not need freedom. Why help them? We need to work on our own country so that each family can have an average of 3.8 televisions and 3 cars instead of 3.2 televisions and 2.6 cars. Let's work on those first, then concentrate on the humanity.