Music Banter - View Single Post - Moments in music that gave you goosebumps..
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Kelli
custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUY562 View Post
Dude that album was decades ahead of it's time and the only debut album I feel is much better than VU is Piper at the gates of dawn by Pink Floyd. That pushed experiment pop music like no other..It came out the same year as Sgt. Pepper but didn't received that much attention because they were still the new kids in town... You see other albums like Pet Sounds and The Jimi Hendrix Experience which are awesome get way more shine then this..I feel like it should be mentioned with the other PF masterpieces like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.
Yeah I agree with you there. Musically and lyrically it's easily as good - or better - than any of those albums. It's just a shame they never sold many albums or gained any of the popularity those bands had. With so many famous rock albums released those same years I feel like there wasn't a place for their music at the time, unfortunately, at least not mainstream like those other bands you mentioned :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy
Well anyways the same thing can be said for me The Bends is what got me into the group's music ..(that's good morning music for me and I always listen to that album before I work out turn to the album on my ipod when I'm driving to work. (starts my day off perfectly) However my all time favorite RH album has to be Kid A because I love absolutely every song on it and I have many memories of those songs with my current girlfriend. (That's the first album I turned her onto and that made her an RH fan as well.)
All those are good, my favorite of your three is India Rubber. Kid A is great, not my favorite, but I can see why it's a favorite of a lot of people. I loved their last album and they're supposed to release a new one late this year. Looking forward to that!

Other moments in songs that give me goosebumps...

I remember the first time I heard this song. 1:08 gave me chills at the part where he sings "And when she lets me slip away..."

Blur - Beetlebum - YouTube

This song is known for the extended bass intro and it feels like everything leads up to the moment at 3:00

The Cure-Fascination Street (With Lyrics) - YouTube

When the bass begins to fade in around 0:38

The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored - YouTube
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote