Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Art World Cup
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i had initially thought of pairing the Neurosis against the Der Blutharsch album Track of the Hunted

seen here

but felt that they were obviously very similar...

as i told Urban in my suggestion....these two albums (Elegy and Given To The Rising) although are very different in musical style....but both in many ways speak the same message....both were released on 2007....and i felt both have a very striking image...both with pictures of statue horses (one from Hungry and one from Berlin/Philadelphia)

my thoughts on the statues themselves

the image of the Magyar's horse is one that has captivated me for years....and i've promised myself that i will see it before i die....it is so intrepid and fear inducing....i could not imagine what it would have been like to be a Carpathian farmer looking up to see that charging at him

as for the Lion Fighter...i have not seen the original in Berlin but i have seen the recast in Philadelphia and the first time i saw it i was absolutely stunned and in awe...that statue sits in the middle of the "City of Brotherly Love" just yards away from the steps that Rocky climbed in all his glory....to me it just drips of Nietzschean ideal

i am literally going back and forth on these....it is so hard for me to attempt to not allow the music itself influence my thoughts on the art work

i think i have to go with rostasi....Michal Karcz is an amazing and somewhat unnoticed Polish graphic artist who has...on top of several amazing album covers...he has done some amazing covers for the Polish translations of Cormack McCarthy's novels

Across The Rubicon 2
Neurosis 2
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote