Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Queen Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #223 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazlehurst View Post
Queen did NOT essentially start power metal. What makes you think this? What do you base this judgment on?
There are far stranger musical connections than this, but sure there is a link between Queen and power metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazlehurst View Post
Hugely creative geniuses who sold well over 300 million albums worldwide? Each band member writing number one hit after hit? Highly innovative pioneers inside the studio (mostly during the 70's)? A huge back catalogue of music which has stood the test of time and still gets regular airplay on the radio worldwide today? A band who wrote an eclectic mixture of music, making it hard for the band to be pigeon-holed exclusively in to one genre? Huge bombastic live stadium shows? One of the greatest vocalists/showmen/personalities the world has ever seen?

You're right, whats to like? Idiot. Enjoy your mediocrity.
Agree with a lot of this, but the band got away with a lot of lesser songs thanks to Freddie Mercury's vocal ability to carry them through.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote