Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metallica Paradox.
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #44 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
That's a rather blanket statement to make.
What exactly does that mean?

Quote:
I prefer to take things on an individual basis. Some bands can do different things and pull it off, some bands can't.
So, what you are saying is that Metallica didn't pull of a purely rock slash heavy-non-thrash-metal record?

Quote:
I could give you plenty of reasons why I'm not the slightest bit interested in Metallica these days, the main one being that I'm not 14 years old any more and I like my music to consist of a bit more than some chuggy riffs & some guy singing 'yeaaahhhhhh'.
Yes, but that statement is neither here nor there. We're talking about genre and genre bending and breaking. Not whether you're now into that kind of thing, but whether it was successful and or good or not.

Quote:
If I listen to Metallica it's out of nostalgia for the first 3 albums, after that they just bored me and I grew up.
So, are you saying that every Metallica fan that happens to really feel this music and listens to it more often than not is inferior to those who only listen to them when in that mood? Or are you stating that you don't like Load and reLoad and the rest after those? Because if you are saying that they bored you as their musical inspiration and influence changed, then you are for their rawer sound, and therefor don't like it when they expanded their craft into an entirely different realm of music?

I think that Metallica's fans can be quite immature, because if it isn't old school all the way or no way then it's no way, hence my finding it stupid to put down an album just because it was a little, or a lot, different. I suppose the Black Album was merely meant for real Metallica fans And I guess that I just get it...maybe on more level than you are willing to get. This is getting too philosophical...
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote