Music Banter - View Single Post - Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
You know, its hard for me to dislike The 20/20 Experience when its obvious that Justin really wanted to give mainstream R&B a nice shakedown and remind the world that music that actually tries is more interesting in the long-run than yet another record that was designed for the sole purpose of filling up slots on Top 40 radio.
Well put. I think it's hard for me to dislike the album for the same reason. He really doesn't have anything to lose nowadays, and I like that he's sort of going in his own direction.

Quote:
The 20/20 Experience, unfortunately, feels almost as if its forcing itself at times. Timberlake needs to go take a few leaves out of the classic 80's approach to R&B or go listen to some razor sharp modern prog. rock for future deep-cut endeavor inspiration methinks.
Hahah if only. Where do you think Timbaland got the inspiration for FutureSex/LoveSounds?

Quote:
That being said, great review...
Thanks! I guess I should try to review albums as a whole instead of track-by-track, but it's hard for me to take away a cohesive idea about a whole album, or compare tracks to one another within the context of it. In any case, thanks for reading.

Quote:
...I enjoyed the album on the whole: I just don't think it's going to make everyone's AOTY list come December.
Yeah, agreed. Given that I probably listen to five or six new albums per year (hahahaha), it might make mine anyway.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote