Music Banter - View Single Post - Kind/Mean Musicians
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #41 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

I'm necroing this thread because it seems like a better option than creating a new one for the purpose of discussing two musicians and their political beliefs.

Ok, so I've been doing a lot of reading on Death In June and Boyd Rice, a lot. Death In June seem more concealed in their motives (thankfully), and the music itself can be enjoyed without any pretenses. Douglas is a known homosexual, and has played in Israel (and putting the Israel flag on his site for a few months), but peppered throughout his career are racial, and fascist moments. Unfortunately, the same does not go for Boyd Rice, and is known for his racial, strong misogynist views, and affiliation with fascist ideology. With Boyd, it seems as he wants to be hated for the sake of it, and even though his fanbase has a large number of white nationalists, I can't help but feel this isn't some elaborate sick way to fuck with people. If he really is a master prankster, he will go to insane lengths to be one, and is indeed and undeniably a misanthrope.

tl;dr: Boyd is an asshole, DIJ are probably not assholes.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote