Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #916 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Don't get me wrong, I liked them 2 years or so back. As an album I really enjoyed Goblin, but after discovering Bastard after hearing Goblin, they were pretty much the same.
The last thing the world needed was another Tyler the Creator album which uses the same tactics of;

'say something shocking, make reference that you're probably too white to understand it, instrumental break, deep slowed down voice saying 'golfwang'

rinse and repeat.

Frank obviously has distanced himself from the rest of the collective and rightfully so, he's a brilliant artist in his own right and doesn't need Tyler's immaturity bringing him down. I have no hope for Tyler (or the rest of the crew, who are pretty much his lackeys with less talent and personality) as an artist because he seems incapable of escaping the shackles of being a gimmick rapper. It's the same old stuff over and over again and alike every once funny joke, it starts to lose its effect.

Regarding their fans, mainly Tumblr obsessed suburban white kids, this is a good snapshot of them

14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote