Music Banter - View Single Post - North Korea At It Again
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
They barely have enough money to maintain their army while it's doing nothing. I'm dubious that they would have enough money to keep it going for very long in wartime.

Actually, once the American army invaded Inchon the NK army got creamed all the way to the end of the country. It was the hordes of Chinese that poured over the Yalu River that saved them.
1 - I'm not about to predict the fiscal state of a country we know nothing about. We can safely state they have less money to throw around than "we" do, but the fact is they're willing to wage war and that's enough reasons to treat 1 million+ soldiers very seriously.

2 - I never said that beating the **** out of them wasn't possible, in fact the opposite, but the losses suffered would be unacceptable because of their smaller advantages, and no country is going to enter into that situation unless they absolutely have to - There's no sense in throwing away lives like that. And we won't nuke them because the political fallout (and actual fallout) would poison our relations (And the people within) the entire area - Not justifiable considering Korea and China's economies are strong and their political power significant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote