Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #13085 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Colour me intrigued, I had just kind of written it off as another Bond movie, but I love light/dark imagery and if the entire movie is full of shots like that then it may be worth a look.

Anyways I felt like watching an '80's horror movie last night, and luckily Netflix is full of them so here's what I watched.

C.H.U.D.

Yeah the effects are pretty atrocious, even for the time (I mean The Thing predates it by two years and that is one of the best monster movies of all time) and the acting can be a little hashed out, but I have to commend the movie for taking a progressive stance and sticking to it. I love cult '80's movies because they are usually very critical of the practices and results of the Reagan era. C.H.U.D takes a very critical look at two topics many follows of Reagan liked to downplay, chiefly environmental degradation and urban decay, both topics I follow closely.

I can't say C.H.U.D. will change your life, but if you're into monster movies and cheesy '80's movies in general then it's worth a look.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote