Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #79 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
What can I say? That was just badass. Definitely enough to make me cast my vote for Team Beefheart.
I did lock up all the silverware beforehand though.
^ I´m happy to see that with your help, presumably, "Team Beefheart" is winning the poll at the moment. Beefheart´s narrow lead seems to be upsetting somebody, though :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkofthechildren View Post
Voting for trout mask replica is the 'official' thing to vote for. But come on people, its just a bunch of tripe. VU&Nico is songwriting 101, text book music.
Sorry to be argumentative, Thinkofthechildren, but I would like to dispute a couple of things you said:-

(i) at least you opted to put inverted commas around the word "official", because of course there´s no such thing in this case. There´s no coersion; you don´t even have to admit who you voted for if you don´t want to.

(ii) plenty of posts here indicate that plenty of people don´t consider Trout Mask "a bunch of tripe". Maybe it has some virtues that you are overlooking.

(iii)"VU&Nico is songwriting 101, text book music." Not entirely sure what you mean by this and not entirely convinced that it´s a good thing for an album to be.