Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #391 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
I did check him out and listened to the first couple songs without even noticing the Christian overtones. It wasn't until I looked him up on wiki that I even figured it out. Having said that, Christian music bothers just as much or little as any other religious or cult music...as long as it's not in your face over the top, it's ok by me.

Definitely got more of a singer-songwriter vibe from him than a country vibe, but a few songs had obvious country leanings. The mixture of genres and techniques was interesting. I didn't dislike it, but it didn't hit me as spectacular right away. I do think it's one that after a few listens would really start to make an impact.

Based on the way you described your interest in country music in an earlier post, it seems like we have similar tastes when it comes to the genre. I was on a Townes van Zandt kick for a while, and the only way I could listen to him was with headphones on. I think he's just brilliant. Anyway, if you had any other recommendations, I'd love to hear them!
I'm glad you liked him. And yeah, he's definitely a grower. I was introduced to him when he released his latest album, Love & War & The Sea In Between for free on the internet... I wasn't addicted immediately, but that was a few years ago, and I'm still listening to all of his work on a regular basis today. That says something.

And if you'd like any artist suggestions, just inbox me some stuff that you're enjoying right now and I'll try to find something similar.

Feel free to give me some suggestions as well, I'm always up for new music.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote