Music Banter - View Single Post - Masterpieces Of Hip Hop
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #176 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It doesn't matter how worth of an opponent he chooses to pick beefs with. Beefs are just stupid controversies to get the fans riled up in anticipation of an upcoming release and purely promotion.

Ja Rule faded into obscurity, Canibus as well. Benzino isn't around anymore. Royce dropped off the map for a bit after beefing with Em.
I think there's a perfectly good explanation for all of the above falling off the map, and it wasn't Eminem destroying them either.

Honestly, Ja Rule was going to fall off. He got famous for doing backing vocals, and Busta Rhymes' impersonation of him on Hail Mary was the perfect insult, because it was really his career in a nutshell.

I've listened to Eminem since "My Name Is", and actually, the Slim Shady LP might've been the first CD I ever bought. I LOVE Eminem, but he didn't end anyone's career. Beefing is so stupid, Nas killed Jay-Z on "Ether", and Jay-Z is still way more popular, and Nas has kind of fallen off the map since.

Btw:

If you've never heard it. I'm sure most of you have, but it's actually not bad. One of the few instances where I can tolerate 50 Cent.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote