Music Banter - View Single Post - MF Doom
Thread: MF Doom
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #206 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
I just scanned our conversation and I can't find any questions I didn't answer other than the request to name a rapper who stayed relevant longer/had a more illustrious career. I was calling into question the premise of that request. I could name any number of rappers who had longer and/or more illustrious careers, but that would only lend credibility to what I see as a faulty premise.
You're setting the bar pretty low for 'relevance,' then. I guess I could say then that Too $hort has stayed relevant since 1987.
I disagree. The amount of media attention too $hort has gotten ranges from minuscule to non-existent, not using this as an barometer of his talent or influence since his career began, but i don't think it's at all comparable to doom. Doom has been covered in the new yorker. Too $hort hasn't left a mark like doom has. It's debatable, i understand.
Quote:
Maybe sloppy isn't the right word. How about awkward?
I can see it. I think Doom has been rapping so long now he has to find ways to make it interesting for himself. His contrived off kilterness is something i enjoy and makes it more interesting for me to listen to.

For example how he raps on this track(with yo boi ghost)

hope to fix the problem with the wack opinion doohickey

It's all too apparent neither of us have any hopes of changing each others view on the matter but good chit chatting it
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote