Music Banter - View Single Post - Female rappers!
Thread: Female rappers!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
People move to new places all the time. She left at 16 to American and she would not only would have been overwhelmed by such a big and busy place but she came to learn, love and respect the Miami culture. I believe she's not really just a white rapper. It's clear through watching her interviews about her experiences in America, that African American rappers have grown on her so much that she is thus speaking the way a African American rapper does. Based on her upbringing I don't think its fair to put her into the irrelevant artists box. This is just my theory but I do think environment has played a part in her behaviour now in adulthood.

There is also nothing wrong to associate America as home, people often feel they don't belong in the places they grew up in.
Do you know a lot about how "african american" rappers speak? Do all "african american" rappers insult their fan bases of colour? You're still making this out to be a minor thing when she's insulting PEOPLE WHO ORIGINATED THE CULTURE holy **** why is this so hard for you to get? Like wow I am truly baffled that you're writing off her racism so easily.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote