Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

This has made my blood boil! I swear, I need to calm down...
For those who are interested, this is the email I sent TheOne...

Dear Sir (I'm assuming those in charge are male, as a woman would not abandon another woman in this shameful, cowardly way!)

I read with mounting horror, disbelief and finally disgust the account of your ex-employee Marte Deborah Dalelv and the position she has been put in. I can only say I am aghast that a firm could indulge in such reprehensible behaviour. You have totally abrogated your responsibility to your employee, and condemned her to a frightening ordeal, which she should not in any way be subject to. Moreover, you have sent a very clear and wrong message to others who seek to rape and abuse tourists in Dubai and other countries where Sharia Law is in force, and you have made it quite clear you have no problem with these criminals getting away with such behaviour. You have set a very dark and troubling precedent, and ensured that this law, which most right-thinking people see as not only draconian but irrelevant and outdated, will continue to be practiced and forced upon those who do not even come under the umbrella of the religion which it claims to represent.

Not only have you failed as employers, but you have failed miserably as human beings. Anyone could see this is a travesty of justice, but instead of standing up for and helping Ms. Dalelv you took the cowardly and craven way out, backing away out of the controversy no doubt in the fear that your mighty name might be linked to the scandal, without giving a shred of thought to the fate of your former employee. Would you, I am forced to wonder, have done so if the object of this arrest had been a man? Your behaviour is unconscionable, almost defies belief and is without question misogynistic in the worst way. I truly hope you see the error of your ways before it is too late, and your company goes down in history as one which abandons its staff and allows foreign law to ride roughshod over them.

Yours in total disgust
Deryck O'Byrne
Dublin
Ireland