Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I think if you are making your career and your boss asks you to go on a business trip, you would have a very strong incentive to go. To me, Dubai was not previously known for being particularly dangerous. My impression was that it was rather westerner friendly, as it strives to be in order to attract Western World businesses.

Where can't you get raped in the world? Considering she went to the police for help, it is apparent it didn't really occur to her that she could get arrested for doing so. I guess she didn't know better.

Does the outrageous sense of entitlement she must have felt while down there provoke you?
0.o

Tore, there are places that have entirely different conceptions of rape and women's role in society, and this has very real and very practical consequences. It startles me that people are ignorant of this, and it is dangerous to react to this differences with ethnocentric catch-all phrases such as "misogynistic", "sexist", "backwards", etc.

In regards to Dubai - I would've thought it's differences with the west would've been rather well known.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Rrrright.... so if a woman finds herself in the horrible position of being raped, she should immediately try to find four guys who are going to watch???? Is this ****ing country for real? Could this be the rape centre of the world, like Thailand is the underage sex holiday destination for the discerning pervert?
Gee, Trollheart, do you think there might be a reason for their insistence that women not leave the house unless accompanied by a male family member?