Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
0.o

Tore, there are places that have entirely different conceptions of rape and women's role in society, and this has very real and very practical consequences. It startles me that people are ignorant of this, and it is dangerous to react to this differences with ethnocentric catch-all phrases such as "misogynistic", "sexist", "backwards", etc.

In regards to Dubai - I would've thought it's differences with the west would've been rather well known.

Gee, Trollheart, do you think there might be a reason for their insistence that women not leave the house unless accompanied by a male family member?
Gee, HHBH. Why don't you go live in Dubai? You seriously see nothing wrong with that, do you? I mean, you seriously don't. You're prepared to accept that as normal behaviour. What would happen, I wonder, were it the other way round. Not that men get raped of course. No, that never happens. Your contempt of women in general never ceases to amaze me. You'd probably love it if men could conceive and we could just do a mass cull of women, would you?

Just because something is law doesn't mean it's right. You can't defend a laughable edict like that as you have above. Anyway, even if she WERE accompanied by a male family member, what if HE decided to rape her? What difference does it make then? I'm sure you'd be happy for Marte to rot in a Dubai jail, wouldn't you? "Serves her right for being a woman". Give me strength.

Oh, and by the way, despite the above I doubt if anyone here is surprised you feel this way