Music Banter - View Single Post - Stevie Wonder Boycotts Florida Performances, Others Follow
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #90 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Well that is totally untrue Deej. Why wouldn't I be concerned about a 17 year old young man getting killed and losing his life just because I am white? It has nothing to do with race as far as I am concerned, being under the age of 18 is a lot more distressing to me personally. I blame whoever gave Zimmerman the permit to carry a concealed weapon more so than anything else. I sure don't want every wannabe cop around carrying concealed weapons, just looking for a reason to use it, and having the ability to also get away with it in a court of law. I agree 100% that he should've stayed in the car when he was advised to do so. I think there should be more scrutiny concerning exactly who is allowed to have a concealed weapons permit first and foremost.
One, I was directly the term white at 216 because of his nonchalant attitude towards this case not being about race when there is clearly a racial climate/tension related to it.

Two, the relation is that if you are black you feel like wtf? what happened to Trayvon Martin could happen to me as well if I live in Florida or it could happen to someone that I know and love. Even Obama came out and said that he felt it could have happened to him. He could have been Trayvon years ago.

People saying that race isn't an issue in this case makes me laugh just as much as Stephen Colbert saying that he sees no race. It is a bit ignorant to be completely believe that is had NOTHING at all to do with race.

Also back on topic, just like I expected those artists weren't going to stick to it but I guess on the other hand they weren't even involved with it in the first place so now you guys don't have to worry about people "hurting" for this boycott from celebrities.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote