Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #491 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I was recommended taking Phenergan (promethazine) by my dcotor, to help me sleep at night. It's not a sleeping pill, it's an antihistamine, but it makes you sleepy and helps relieve anxiety. In Australia you can buy it over the counter, but I think in other places you might need a prescription for it. Anyway, it does nothing for me, even when I take the maximum dosage, but I've heard that it has helped others. It's a fairly safe and non-addictive drug.

One thing that also might help you sleep is a magnesium supplement. I have a special magnesium supplement that is a night-time formula powder, it also has other substances in it that promote muscle relaxation and relief from tension headaches. It's not a drug, it's a vitamin. If you ask chemists about magnesium "night" supplements I'm sure they'll know what you're talking about. I have a scoop of the powder every night in a glass of water and I think over time it has helped me relax and get to sleep at night time. I also have a lot of trouble sleeping at night and often get night terrors or anxiety. Good luck!
I take amitriptyline and zopliclone to get to sleep. I've been using sleeping pills a lot more lately. I think your magnesium idea is much healthier though.